1. Eat a filling breakfast of protein and healthy fats
You probably hear it all the time: breakfast is the most important meal of the day and the key to a good day is a healthy breakfast. It’s true! When you eat a healthy breakfast rich in protein, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals, you’re setting the tone for the rest of your day. Eating breakfast puts you in a better mood and makes you feel more alert in the morning. You’ll feel full longer, meaning you’re less likely to snack on unhealthy food throughout the day or eat an unhealthy lunch.
Even though it’s important, breakfast doesn’t have to be time-consuming or perfect. Easy, quick and healthy breakfast ideas include:
- High-fiber cereal with milk
- Granola with yogurt and crushed almonds or pecans
- Berry protein smoothies
- Whole-grain toast spread with nut butter and a glass of milk
- Eggs whichever way you like them (we recommend baked with spinach, cheese, milk and bacon)
When you have a satisfying breakfast low in sugar and carbs (which can cause energy crashes later), you’ll feel ready to tackle your work day.